Learn how to stay compliant with the latest legal and ethical guidelines and regulations. David Jensen, JD, a popular and sought-after presenter of Legal and Ethical workshops for California LMFTs, LCSWs, and LPCs, will fill you in.
Your license or registration to practice marriage and family therapy, clinical social work, or professional clinical counseling is one of the most important pieces of property you own. Many psychotherapists know that they can lose their licenses if they engage in extreme forms of illegal and unethical behavior. However, there are lesser forms of discipline that may be meted out by the BBS that can affect a psychotherapist’s professional reputation, including citations and fines.
The documents evidencing such citations and fines are accessible by the public. So, to keep the reputation that you have earned, it behooves you to understand the power that the BBS has to discipline licenses and registrations and the types of behaviors that the BBS seeks to dissuade via its disciplinary process. There are essentially 27 key ideas to do this.
In Part One of this two-part workshop, David reviews the first 14 ideas in the statute. In Part Two, which will be presented a week later on Saturday Nov. 21, David examines the remaining 13. With both parts, you will be armed with information that will enable you to stay on the BBS’s good side.
YOU CAN ATTEND PART ONE, PART TWO, OR BOTH
You do not have to attend both weekends. If you are only seeking 3 CEs, or cannot make one of the dates, register for your preferred weekend. To attend both weekends, please register for both weekends separately.
To learn more or register for Part Two, Click here
Each weekend yields three (3) Legal-Ethical CE Units. The BBS requires six units in Legal-Ethical Continuing Education each 2-year renewal period.
Location: Online via Zoom. Zoom link and Password will be emailed upon registration.
PLEASE NOTE: This event will be video recorded. By registering for this event, you are consenting to a recording being made which may include your name, likeness, and/or video of you as an attendee. In addition, audio and/or video recordings of this event may be posted on the Marin CAMFT website and therefore available for others to review. By registering for this event you are consenting to be recorded and are aware that the recording may be accessed by others who did not attend the event. If you ask questions or make comments during this event, be aware that your question, name, and/or voice may be contained in this recording.
Licensed Marin CAMFT Members $45
Licensed non-Marin CAMFT members $55
Pre-licensed Marin CAMFT members: $25
Licensed Reciprocal non-Marin CAMFT Members $45*
* Licensed Reciprocal non-Marin CAMFT members are members of the Redwood Empire, East Bay, or San Franscisco chapters of CAMFT. If you are a member of one of these chapters, please email webmaster for your special code to register at a reduced fee.
- Information: For more information about the Friday Continuing Education Series and about joining the Committee, please contact CE Director, Pat Saunders.
- Continuing Education Goal: Marin CAMFT is committed to offering continuing education courses to train LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs to treat any client in an ethically and clinically sound manner based upon current accepted standards of practice. Course completion certificates will be awarded at the conclusion of the training and upon participant’s submission of his or her completed evaluation. We regret that we are not able to offer CE units to Psychologists at this time.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are available for this program if requested at least seven days prior to the event. Please email the CE Director with refund requests or questions. There is a $20 administrative fee for refunds.
- Grievance Procedure: Marin CAMFT will respond to complaints in a reasonable, ethical and timely manner, when submitted by program attendees in writing to the CE Director.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy: Marin CAMFT shall not discriminate against any individual or group with respect to any service, program or activity based on gender, race, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age or other prohibited basis. Marin CAMFT does not require attendees to adhere to any particular religion or creed in order to participate in training. Marin CAMFT will not promote or advocate for a single modality of treatment that is discriminatory or likely to harm clients based on current accepted standards or practice.
- CE: This workshop meets the qualifications for three (3) hours of continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPs and LPCCs. These will be provided by Marin CAMFT (CAMFT Provider # 56895), which is approved by CAMFT to sponsor CE for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs. We regret that we are not able to offer CE units to Psychologists at this time. Marin CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program and its contents contact Pat Saunders, CE Director for more information.