Marin CAMFT Saturday Workshop Series Presents a Special 4-unit CE course on treating anxiety, with Dan Kalb PhD
If you treat anxiety — or have it — this course is for you.
You will learn to use research-based, empirically proven techniques to reduce symptoms in relatively short order. Cartoons, videos, experiential exercises, jokes, and even a little rockin’ music will be added to make this fast-paced, information-packed seminar, educational, inspirational and fun.
The advantages of keeping the therapy focused, and based in the here-and-now, will be stressed. The critical role of exposure will be emphasized. This gold standard has now been upgraded to platinum as recent modifications of techniques have proven even more effective.
Along with much else, you will learn:
- The three ways of coping with anxiety that work in the moment but make it worse in the long run
- The three alternative approaches to successfully manage anxiety
- Tips for dealing with Covid worry
- How to treat panic with amazing rapidity
- How to spot lesser known OCD symptoms you may well be missing, and the critical mistake you should never make
- A powerful tool for ameliorating shame
- Ways to address process and outcome (and our own) resistance
PRESENTER: Dan Kalb, PhD is a psychologist in private practice in Marin County. He began specializing in the treatment of anxiety disorders way back in the 20th century. He has honed his approach over the years, incorporating many new developments in his work with individuals and groups. Dan is a popular and entertaining speaker who loves supervising therapists and teaching seminars. Dan graduated with top honors from Columbia. In his spare time, he worries if the refrigerator light really does go off when the door is closed.
Date and Time: Saturday Oct. 24, 9 am - 1:30 pm
Licensed Marin CAMFT Members $59
Licensed Reciprocal non-Marin CAMFT Members $69*
Licensed non-Marin CAMFT members $79
Pre-licensed Marin CAMFT members: $20
Pre-licensed non-Marin CAMFT members $30
* Licensed Reciprocal non-Marin CAMFT members are members of the Redwood Empire, East Bay, or San Franscisco chapters of CAMFT. If you are a member of one of these chapters, please email webmaster for your special code to register at a reduced fee.
Location: Online via Zoom. Zoom link and Password will be emailed upon registration.
- PLEASE NOTE: This event will be video recorded. By registering for this event you are consenting to a recording being made which may include your name, likeness, and/or video of you as an attendee. In addition, an audio recording of this event will be posted on the Marin CAMFT website's events library and therefore available to members for review and downloading. By registering for this event you are consenting to be recorded and are aware that the recording may be accessed by Marin CAMFT members. If you ask questions or make comments during this event, be aware that your question, name, and/or voice may be contained in this recording.
- Information: For more information about the Friday Continuing Education Series and about joining the Committee, please contact CE Director, Pat Saunders.
- Continuing Education Goal: Marin CAMFT is committed to offering continuing education courses to train LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs to treat any client in an ethically and clinically sound manner based upon current accepted standards of practice. Course completion certificates will be awarded at the conclusion of the training and upon participant’s submission of his or her completed evaluation. We regret that we are not able to offer CE units to Psychologists at this time.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are available for this program if requested at least seven days prior to the event. Please email the CE Director with refund requests or questions. There is a $20 administrative fee for refunds.
- Marin CAMFT encourages those who attend its events to respect the fact that some individuals may have allergies to fragrances and pet dander. We ask that you refrain from introducing these elements into our meeting room. Registered service animals are welcome, of course.
- Grievance Procedure: Marin CAMFT will respond to complaints in a reasonable, ethical and timely manner, when submitted by program attendees in writing to the CE Director.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy: Marin CAMFT shall not discriminate against any individual or group with respect to any service, program or activity based on gender, race, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age or other prohibited basis. Marin CAMFT does not require attendees to adhere to any particular religion or creed in order to participate in training. Marin CAMFT will not promote or advocate for a single modality of treatment that is discriminatory or likely to harm clients based on current accepted standards or practice.
- CE: This workshop meets the qualifications for four (4) hours of continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPs and LPCCs. These will be provided by Marin CAMFT (CAMFT Provider # 56895), which is approved by CAMFT to sponsor CE for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs. We regret that we are not able to offer CE units to Psychologists at this time. Marin CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program and its contents contact Pat Saunders, CE Director for more information.